Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Insane, the Liar, the Stupid, the Rich, the Dull and the Sinner - this is you, this is me, this is all of us...


The Insane, the Liar, the Stupid, the Rich, the Dull and the Sinner.
A crazy man came to me
And wanted to be my friend,
For the longest time I said no
Until one day I accepted him.

A liar and a crook approached me
And he said, “Please be my friend.”
I was worried for my wealth and property
So I said no. But as I grew older,
Of my riches I grew weary,
So finally I said, “Okay, come with me.”

Then I stumbled upon the stupidest man alive,
Such was his ignorance that I recoiled
At being associated with him, So when he said
“I like you. I want to be your friend.”
It was easy for me to say no.
But yet again, here I am now...
Friends with this stupid little fellow.

A rich man living in a rich palace
Once had dinner with me.
And he said, “You know,
You make a fine company,
Be friends with me!”
I deigned not to hear his questions,
Because the truth is that I cannot bear
Looking at his prosperous life
Compared to my daily poverty.
But dammit, I am tired of saying no
All the time... So this afternoon at
A quarter past two, I will be joining
Him for afternoon tea, and this time
It shall be me who will ask him,
Look here, can I be friends with you?”

A boring little trader bored the pants of me
When one day I was stuck in a bus with him,
But before I got down at my stop he
Pushed his card into my hand and said,
“Call me, you are interesting!”
I only smiled wearily, relieved as I was
From of his dull company,
But weeks past and now I feel a little guilty,
So I am going to call him also and ask him over for tea.

But before I could reach the telephone,
The Master appeared before me,
And he said, “O’ Seeker! Long have I waited
And longer have I prayed for you, and now that
You have arrived at this spiritual station
Let us begin your real education!”

I was delighted and happy, and I asked
“O’ Master! Is it because I have deigned to befriended all these people -
The insane, the liar, the stupid, the rich and the dull?”

To which the Master said to me,
“Wrong, and let this be your first lesson –
I am here because you have finally
Befriended yourself.”
…………………………….

Me: Silly me.
Me: Yes... silly you.

This is the 1st day of September and the 1st day of the rest of your life, sunshine. Take a step forward in friendly grasp of your friend-for-life - your own self. Verily, 'tis better than being in a life long journey with an enemy!

Clown or sinner, with yourself be happy.

ya Huuu, alhamdulillah (God be praised).

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: