Thursday, September 27, 2012

God's Own Fool - courage is not something that can only be found in the battlefields

Take courage. Do not let fear cage your compassionate heart...

The Lord's Own Fool
"What have you given away?" The man asked his sister, 
looking at the retreating back of the beggar.
"I didn't have anything to give, so I borrowed some dinari 
that I might give to the poor man..."
"Are you a fool?" The brother hotly interrupted, 
To which she said firmly,
"I may be... but if I am, 
I am the Lord's own fool!"
................................

A friend of mine called me early this morning. She had just taken a loan to settle her outstanding credit card bills. But as is often the case with parents and their magical instincts, it was on this very same morning that the father asked to borrow a substantial amount of money from her. 

And she lent it immediately, knowing all too well that it may never be repaid.

People often talk of the parent's sacrifices for their children that shall never be repaid. But not every child put to practice such noble sentiments. My friend cried a little thinking of her own financial woes, and how there appear to be no end to her worries. "I must be a damn fool!" she exclaimed.

Indeed she is foolish. But if you would believe me, she is God's own fool. For God loves those who do not allow fear to stand in their way of compassionate fealty. Courage is not something that can only be found in the battlefields... It can be found in the exemplary conduct of people all around us.


May God enrich this world with our generous friends, sunshine!

wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: