Sunday, September 23, 2012

Breathing - life, grace, gratitude and God



 If not now, then when?
You ask for air every few seconds,
And lo, you take your breath.
When there are always a multitude of reasons,
Why your request may not be answered,
But it is! It is! And you breathe!

How we take for granted our wish
And how it is answered by God,
In each moment,
In each breath,
In each thought.

God is in all the details, you see
Not just the Grand Cosmic Events,
So if you do not realise this now,
Then when?

....................................

Hey, sunshine. I hope your day has been swell for you. For me it has been a little of hit and miss. But I am glad to be back, and find this little prose recorded some while back. Of all things that God has granted me, it is undoubtedly my breathing that I regularly forget to give thanks for. It is so 'automatic' you know, your heart and your lungs doing all the work, gathering oxygen to feed our body. Then one day the heart goes kaput or semi-kaput and we are immediately reminded of our mortality. Oopsie.

So while my heart is still in an A-Okay condition, I would like to register with God, the Originator of the human breath and the Divine Breath, my sincerest thanks.

And my appreciation to Sumathi, my former colleague who once shared many hours with yours truly, talking about God and Saints, and finding commonality in our different faiths. It is a good feeling, and I wonder why some Muslim leaders are so afraid of talking with non-Muslims. Surely it is not because they fear something? Someone posted something rather smart on my FaceBook recently, 'Fear often overcomes our natural instinct to compassion and tolerance.'

So do not fear anything but God, sunshine. And let God the Most Compassionate (ar-Rahman) and Most Merciful (ar-Rahim) find in you, and through you, His own Device for Divine compassion and mercy unto this world, for all mankind and creatures of differing colour and creed. Ameen.


wa min Allah at-taufiq

Hate has no place in Islam
Love will show the Way

No comments: