Thursday, July 21, 2011

Out of the Ocean, there is You and I. In it, there is Only the Ocean.

I am taking a break contemplating 'Ubuntu', an article by Nun Tuck of Nun Tuck's Almanac (Click Here). It is a traditional African perception of life which essentially says that 'I am because you are, you are because I am. It is a clear and thoughtful exposition into a manner of living and interacting with our fellow human beings that strikes a chord in the spiritual ways of many religion. It is simply Katherine's way, that though she is a Christian, she is able to connect with philosophies not originating from her religion. Or perhaps it is because she is a Christian?

And this brings me to another friend, Sumathi who once shared with me her mystic Hindu study. "My teacher taught me that...," said Sumathi, "For your reflection in the mirror to look angry and scowling, you first must be angry and scowling..."

And my very own teacher once said to a short-tempered friend of mine, "Please carry a small compact mirror. The moment you start to feel angry or bitter about someone, take it out and take a good look at your face. Do you really want to look so ugly?"

We are all dipping our hands into the same one Ocean of Mercy, taking a little truth and love from God's infinite Sea of Love. And there is no limit to what we can take, and it is for us to choose just how far we wish to truly understand the Love of God for His entire creation, from you to me, and not forgetting the cat named Moses.
My suggestion is, if you wish to take counsel from a sinner, is this - when it comes to God, do not be reticent or shy. Ask and ask and ask. And do not stop even if the wind asks you to stop. Even if the stars in the sky say do not ask for more. Even if an angel whispers that you are asking for too much...

Have a wishful day, sunshine.

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: