Saturday, September 17, 2011

At the Crossroads of Saints & Sinners - I am neither here nor the reflection in the mirror

252. At a crossroad
I stand at the crossroad,
Between saints and sinners.

And of both, I am wary.

I stand at the crossroad,
Between birth and death.

And of both, I am wary.

I stand in front of the mirror,
But truly I stand between me
And my reflection,

Existing neither in this life,
Nor in the looking glass.

As time and space compress,
I take my leave,
Many times a day,
And leave the stage
Of perceptions far behind.

I am here, in the Hidden Realm,
And someone is singing Moonriver
In a delightful and creamy voice.

Here, a hand takes hold of my heart
Consoling me with words,
“There, there”.

Here, it is always just after daybreak,
When both celestial orbs
Can be seen at once,
And dewy leaves
Are all wet.

For here, dear friends,
The Sun and the Moon
Never truly set.

This was recorded 3 years ago in a chapter entitled 'I alone exist in a world of mirrors', a 300 poems tome recorded in the holy month of Ramadhan.

I do not know what pangs of sadness and melancholy struck me that morning. But I shouldn't worry too much about it. As a writer, all these birth pangs of poetry comes with the territory. And what little itsy bitsy hurt I feel is compensated by an ocean of joy which the Lord permits me to hear in the music of man. For any music of beauty, loss, love and yearning ultimately comes from the fountain of promise in the paradise of our Lord. And if it is sung by a voice as creamy as Andy Williams? Awesome.
I see the Moon. But where is the River? -See. Melancholy again.
Don't fret, for we bears do it all the time.
Life is full of ups and downs. But without the downs, how will we ever comprehend what up is? Have a beautiful Sabbath, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq.

No comments: