Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crazy and Undone in Ramadhan. Hey, it rhymes! - Prose of Ramadhan Part 75

This month, this Ramadhan (Ramadhan Verses 40)
I woke this morning,
And untied the apron strings
Of uncertainty.
I write what I write
But it is good for me to read
What others tell me.
This month, I chose solitude
But the month chose friends
For me.
This month, I chose disobedience
But the month chose penance
For me.
This month, I chose error
But the month won’t let me be,
And stoked a white fire-
Bright, luminous and steady.
The Moon that was out at night,
She saw the flame and said,
“What a beautiful light!”
I chose crazy, I chose to be undone,
And that was exactly what Ramadhan
Had done to me.

You might not believe it, sunshine, but it is the second last day of Ramadhan, and I grieve to see her go. Already in my Facebook, some of my mad friends are already writing their goodbye-see you next year-God Willing note to Ramadhan. They are the sincere and good ones, and I am ever honoured that they tolerate the company of a sinner. 

When I picked up the pen about 20 minutes ago, I did not know what would happen. I was not sure what the pen would trace and how the ink would pour from its nib. But now that it is done, I am pleased. This month of Ramadhan is special that way. Even for sinners!
Ramadhan was my shepherd...

'Tis Sunday, sunshine. Have a good one!

Pax Taufiqa.

No comments: