Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Longhair, the Moth, the Flame and the Sinner - Prose of Ramadhan Part 65

Longhair is wandering close to the flame. Crazy fella...
I am not much for posting other people's poetry. But I do it sometimes (see posting entitled Lewis Carrol - Life, what is it but a dream - Click Here). Anyways, I was trawling through my old collection when I came across two poems that my friend, Longhair wrote to me some 7 years ago -

3 MARCH (2004)

Salam O’ intoxicated one!
Longhair has fallen into a cask of wine and is all wet, HaHa!
I have been made confused by his presence
And his leaving has me even more confused.
I am a moth playing by his candle and my wings are burnt!


4 MARCH (2004)

Ya Rahman…
A sinner is come asking for mercy!
I am without faith, my amal is tainted by my ego
And I have many sins

But You are the Forgiver and Most Merciful.
So I come to Thee with the conviction that I am a sinner
And You are the Forgiver of sinners!

In the name of the Most Praised!

Well, I hope you like it, sunshine.

wa min Allah at-taufiq.

No comments: