Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Wedding Day for a Poem and a Picture - Prose of Ramadhan Part 69

4. It is He
It is my Love that sends me
Pearls from His Ocean,
Saying, “Whither will you get pearls
If not from Me?”

It is my Love that sends me
Trials and loneliness,
Saying, “Whither will you find happiness
If not with Me?”

It is my Love that wraps His secrets
In veils and green ribbons,
Saying, “No love is greater than My Love,
No better place than being my servants.”

It is my Love that leaves me a beggar,
It is He that brings me closer,
The Wind in my sail, the Wave on my bow,
From stormy sea to gentle harbour.
It is He, my Love, and no other.

This prose is a very old prose and was posted earlier, but I just sketched the picture today - so today is the blessed day of union for the two lovebirds. Did I know that the picture would be wedded with this particular poem? Of course not! Love just happens, like in real life. 

Anyway, thank you for coming, for I have been frantically worrying about where to hold the wedding reception. The churches, mosques, temples and synagogues are all fully booked. But now that you are here, might I borrow a little corner of your heart for a ceremony of love? That is why you are here, right?

God bless you! Thank you, sunshine   ;)

wa min Allah at-taufiq.

No comments: