Friday, August 26, 2011

I am you, the Complete Soul - Prose of Ramadhan Part 71

I am the complete soul (Ramadhan Verses 36)
I am my flames of punishment,
I am my rivers of paradise,
I am the candle,
I am me.

I am the laughter of little babies,
I am the stolen kisses,
I am the grass 
I am the trees,

I am the shattered heart,
I am the complete soul,
I never age,
I never
Grow
Old.

I do not exist
Save as a divine metaphor,
You were born, you live,
Then you die.
But I? I never passed
Through that
Door.

I am you
In the Divine Presence
You may not remember me,
But I certainly
Remember
You.

I am informed by reliable sources that the soul which inhabit our bodies is but a small fragment of our original soul, which continues to abide in the Divine Presence. So we are here in our skins, exiled from a place which is greater than heaven. While we loiter around on earth, our complete soul, though captivated in a sublime pleasure which cannot be described, awaits our homecoming to the Divine.

Our soul in the Divine Presence is happy, but incomplete - As we often sense ourselves here in the mortal realm, even in our most ecstatic of experiences.

Something to ponder over, dear old soul.

wa min Allah at-taufiq.

No comments: