Friday, August 26, 2011

The Family Tree in the Forest of Promises - Prose of Ramadhan Part 72

God will NEVER find me in here. *chuckle*
The Family Tree (Ramadhan Verses 37)
“Let’ play hide and seek,” God said.
“I will close my eyes and count to ten.”

“Yeah! Don’t peek!” I remember yelling out to God
As I scurried about in the Forest of Promises.

I looked all around until I found a beautiful tree which had a hollow in it. There was a sign at the base which read ‘Mummy + Daddy’. “Whatever that means?” I remember thinking. Anyway, I managed to climb up, crept into the hole and was chuckling to myself in the cosy darkness, “God will NEVER find me in here.”

Then I fell asleep. I don’t know for how long.

When I woke up, I was in the embrace of a beautiful woman. And I saw a man wearing spectacles looking over her. “Hi, Taufiq.” She said. This was clearly not heaven, but boy, did they look heavenly.

I have been here for 41 years now. Is God still looking for me?

I kinda miss Him.

And that beautiful woman passed away in 2002. So I kinda miss her too.

.....The End...


Have a beautiful Friday, my friends. Love your fathers and mothers.

wa min Allah at-taufiq.

No comments: